Sage 200 Evolution is enhanced through integration with third party systems.
Sage 200 Evolution ERP is a cost-effective business management solution that gives an integrated and accurate overview of your business. Sage 200 Evolution ERP manages all operational aspects of your business, enabling you to control your finances as well as relationships with your customers,
Sage 200 Evolution ERP Features
Get back to basics with smart, cost-effective software for big businesses
Sage 200 Evolution Add-On Modules
Integrating with Customers, this module allows for the separate invoicing of branches, but with the added functionality of printing one customer statement at a consolidated head office level. This is particularly useful when you wish to keep track of a group customer with a head office, or where you need to capture sales made to the individual branches, but then present a consolidated statement to your customer’s head office.
Supply chain management can be regarded as one of the most heavily regulated and aggressively audited fields in the public sector. This requires a business software solution that caters for both operational functionality and statutory compliance. The Advanced Procurement module is a feature rich add-on module, seamlessly integrating with the Sage 200 Evolution core. It allows you to create and approve requisitions, request and evaluate quotations and place purchase orders with preferred suppliers. This module allows you to establish credibility in the market place with your respective suppliers and stakeholders. Care has been taken to keep abreast of the ever-changing regulatory environment, ensuring compliance with PFMA, MFMA and PPPFA prescripts. Manage your requests for quotations from suppliers and allow the system to help you choose the most appropriate supplier quote based on criteria set up by you. Analyse your supply chain and manage your supplier’s performance on a rotational basis, by sector or specified supplier criteria. Fully integrated with Sage 200 Evolution CRM all movements are logged against incidents. Workflows and escalations can be configured to create efficiencies and automate purchasing processes.
This module allows for the cash book to be electronically populated when a bank statement is imported where large volumes of transactions are processed. Once verified, the information can be updated to a cash book batch and then to the general ledger. The bank statements are acquired by using a download facility that’s provided by each of the five major banks in Nigeria.
The advantages of using this module include the instant processing and coding of accounts once the initial process of assigning recurring coding has taken place; and the process of reconciliation and account coding is virtually guaranteed. Another benefit exists for transactions where the codes have been assigned as per the relevant accounts. Codes need not be assigned a second time – only new transactions have to be coded in the months to follow.
Organisations which have legal entities in multiple locations may encounter difficulties in optimising operational efficiencies and control within their various branches. Branch Accounting simplifies and streamlines business processes and transactions between all of these entities.
Branch Accounting enables bi-directional synchronisation and consolidation of data. Information can now be shared, consolidated and saved on both the centralised system at the head office as well as at branch level. For example, all financial, inventory and pricing data is always up-to-date and consistent across branches. Product prices can be changed at head office level and automatically pushed to all branches.
Branch Accounting includes the ability to transact at local level even if the ADSL lines or virtual private network become unavailable. In addition, any potential loss of data due to fire or theft will be kept to a minimum, as regular consolidation and replication will house data at head office over and above any off-site backup processes. Data for a particular branch can be restored and sent to the relevant branch within hours of the loss.
Branch Accounting assists in:
- Increasing productivity as a result of simplified transactions.
- Minimising potential errors with once-off data capturing.
- Providing full visibility into business activities with the complete audit trail, which details transaction histories for the head office per branch.
- Creating efficient, cost-effective transactions with affiliate and subsidiary companies.
Main features of Sage 200 Evolution Branch Accounting:
- Centralised and Decentralised Accounting.
- Document numbers and transaction types per branch.
- Ability to merge data to the head office database.
- Reports consolidated by branch at the head office.
- Global and local Customers and Suppliers.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) as a communication protocol.
Bill of Materials and Kit Item Codes
Together with the Inventory module, the Bill of Materials module gives you access to two related functions: Bill of Materials and Kit Item Codes. With the Bill of Materials module, you can build, assemble, or manufacture any inventory item using other inventory items as parts or components. The Kit Item Codes allow for the specification of one code on an invoice, and the system leads multiple invoice lines that can include inventory items and remark lines. You can also create Bills of Materials or Kit Item Codes with an unlimited number of components.
Up to three non-inventory additional costs associated with the Bill of Materials can be created, for example, labour, freight and overhead costs, per Bill of Material. When you manufacture you can remove component items and create manufactured items.
Reporting for the Bill of Materials module includes:
- An audit trail
- Material requirements to determine whether there are sufficient components on hand to manufacture
- Components used in Bill of Materials / Kit Item Codes to track inventory items (components) allocated to a finished inventory item (manufactured product).
Integrating with Customers, Sage 200 Evolution Credit Risk Management helps you manage your customer credit risk through a step-by-step process. Your customer will complete a credit risk application form in order for you to assess his/her potential credit-worthiness before granting them any credit. It will generate the credit application form and run the data through a scoring system giving you a credit-worthiness result on your potential customer. A passing score will see a new account being opened. A failing score will request guarantees or security against granting credit.
It will also generate standard legal documentation based on the type of business you are operating. The following documentation, amongst others, is included:
- Terms and conditions of sale.
- Credit application forms.
- Both ‘soft’ and ‘final’ demand letters.
- Power of attorney forms.
Businesses that manage large items or quantities of inventory items from invoicing to on premise deliveries can now easily manage their processes from dispatch to the customer. The Delivery module seamlessly integrates into Sage 200 Evolution’s point of sale, Invoicing and Sales Order modules allowing for items to be flagged for collection or delivery at time of sale. All items flagged as delivery are updated electronically into the Delivery module where the warehouse manager can then control the dispatching of inventory.
Main features in Sage 200 Evolution Delivery Management
- The management of Inventory deliveries.
- Confirm partial deliveries and cancel deliveries.
- Search by invoice number, delivery method, item code or description.
- Generate delivery notes and re-print delivery notes.
- Generate reports on outstanding, partial and completed deliveries.
- Automatic delivery note sequence.
- Delivery note enquiries.
To cater for the move by many businesses to increase staff productivity and become more efficient, the Alert Management module has been designed to streamline key roles within the business. The module allows you to receive notifications based on a set of predefined criteria to allow for better planning and control within your business. Alert Management allows you to send and receive notifications via SMS or e-mail, based on predefined criteria. This allows you to keep your employees, customers & suppliers up to date with business related information, account balances, and inventory status updates (also available as a mobile application).
These notifications can be setup to notify you on time-based intervals, daily, weekly or monthly. It comes with a set of predefined methods, which the business can utilise to define which criteria they would like to be aware of for example a client reaching their credit limit. An alert for example, can be a notification being generated and sent to the financial manager, who can then take action. The module currently supports Customers & Suppliers, Inventory and Job Costing modules.
With the right inventory in the right place at the right time, growing your business has never been easier with Sage Inventory Advisor – an affordable cloud solution that helps companies to:
- Minimise stock-outs
- Release cash tied up in excess inventory
- Significantly reduce the time spent on planning, forecasting and ordering.
Sage Inventory Advisor can be implemented in just a few hours and is accessible anytime, anywhere. It requires no local hardware installation and provides worry-free updates and maintenance.
- Minimise stock-outs; improve stock availability by 2%-15% and increase sales
- Reduce excess inventory; reduce inventory by 10%-25% and improve cash flow
- Simplify ordering; significantly reduce the time spent on planning, forecasting and ordering
- Inventory visibility; a whole new view of your business – anytime, anywhere
- Early warning; items needing attention today to prevent stock-outs or excess
Sage Inventory Advisor has no licence fees, no yearly maintenance fees, no cost to upgrade and no additional hardware or software to purchase — just a once off cost to implement and a monthly subscription fee with no minimum term, allowing easy adoption with minimal risk.
Sage 200 Evolution Retail Point of Sale (POS) brings together a fully integrated front office POS and back office software that meets the needs of SMME retailers for an end-to-end retail management solution.
It has been designed for businesses with high retail volumes and multiple branch locations that require the flexibility of offline capabilities and branch retail independence.
Easy to use, fast and robust, it is fully and seamlessly integrated with Sage 200 Evolution Accounting and has a centralised maintenance area which is controlled from head office.
Sage 200 Evolution Retail is an easy to use, robust, keyboard driven application. The solution offers the ability to generate sales orders, invoices and credit notes all from a single simple interface depending on user rights or security profiles.
Definable schedules for synchronisation eliminate any need for your branches to remember to send and receive data. The information flowing between head office and branches includes new product, price changes with start dates as well as sales and associated transactions to update Sage 200 Evolution Accounting.
Control and maintain purchases from branch level and inter-branch transfers (IBT). This ensures that goods sent between your warehouses are monitored and tracked, reducing shrinkage.
Main features in Sage 200 Evolution Retail Point of Sale
- Quotes, Orders, Invoices and Credit Note processing.
- Receipting of debtor payments – Evolution debtors or external debtors systems.
- Multiple payment methods (split tendering).
- Maintaining and controlling of lay-aways and payments
- Unit pricing linked to volume sales.
- Line discount supporting both amount and percentage.
- Supervisor authorisation for unit price changes, discounts and Credit Notes.
- Printing of documents to multiple printers (Picking slips).
- Support for Windows printers and OPOS compliant POS printers, cash drawers and line-displays.
- Remote disconnected sites with scheduled bi-directional synchronisation with central POS database.
- Re-printing of all transactions.
- Barcode scanning.
- Automated integration process.
The Sage 200 Evolution Municipal Billing Solution is an affordable solution that delivers essential operational information and can create National Treasury reports. It interfaces and updates all billing data directly into Sage 200 Evolution financials, and updates both the consumer and General Ledger accounts. Expense control with the Procurement and Asset Manager modules allow for Municipalities to run efficiently. The system enables municipalities to improve the accuracy and timeliness of billing and, therefore, substantially improve revenue collection and consumer relationships.
The Municipal Billing Solution includes:
- Property Information Management
- Billing Frequency
- Customer Categories
- Flexible Tariff Structure for Fixed and Consumption Services
- Rates Billing
- Refuse Billing
- Consumption Billing
- Indigent Support Subsidy Billing
- Database Management Tool
- Aligned to latest Property Legislation
- Comprehensive exception reporting
- Statistical Management Information
- Robust Security
This add-on module lets you invoice jobs to customers. A job card is more powerful than an invoice, because you can link more types of items besides inventory items in a job. For example, you can purchase an item directly for use in a job, and you can allocate employee hours from the Payroll module into a job. You can also invoice a job on a partial basis.
You can allocate costs and measure the profitability of short to medium term jobs. Create an unlimited number of job cards, with the ability to archive these for future estimates.
You can allocate jobs to projects on a job card basis or a job line basis.
Lot Tracking allows you to track several units of a stock item using the same lot or batch number. Expiry dates and user-defined status allow you to further control stock items. Users can determine what can be purchased or sold by Lot Status. You cannot sell stock items that have expired. You can track items simultaneously by Lot Number and by Serial Number.
This module is an extension of Sage 200 Evolution Bill of Materials. It separates the manufacturing process into time periods where items being manufactured are transferred into Work In Progress and then into Finished Goods. In addition this module allows you to:
- See a full audit trail of each manufacturing process.
- Draw stock at the beginning of the manufacturing process, and reverse any unused stock once the process is complete.
- Change a Bill of Materials without affecting an ongoing manufacturing process that uses the same Bill of Materials.
- Replace one or more components in an existing process if you need to, and then continue manufacturing with the new components.
- Create by-products in addition to your main manufactured item .
- Forward plan with the material requirements feature.
- Security parameters
- Tender types (cash, voucher, credit card and cheque)
- Flexible pricing
This module offers a three tiered process that allows you to precisely manage the numerous purchase orders in your business and keep control of purchases either for internal purposes or specific projects.
The first tier is the requisition process where the purchase of an item or consumable can be requested and routed to a head of department for authorisation.
The second tier allows purchase orders to be generated based on configurable rules. Different levels of authorisations can be administered and setup. The procurement process also validates all purchases against budgets setup in the general ledger.
The third tier allows the purchase order to be converted into a goods received voucher to receipt the inventory items. Throughout the span of a requisition to purchase order completion, all movements or comments are logged against incidents in Sage 200 Evolution Contact Manager Premium. Workflows and Escalations rules can be configured to create efficiencies and automate processes ensuring that purchase orders are actioned on time.
Sage Intelligence ReportingWe have combined South Africa’s leading accounting software with Microsoft® Excel® and have produced a reporting tool that revolutionises the way you make decisions in your business! Sage Intelligence Reporting is an add-on module that dynamically links to your Sage accounting data, taking your business beyond standard reporting functionality. You can generate spreadsheets by simply extracting Sage Accounting data and converting it into an easy-to-read, graphic format. Sage Intelligence Reporting retains report formats and makes them available for future use. You also have instant access to ‘live’ information and that last minute journal no longer impacts your Excel reporting. Monthly financials account for a large percentage of manual Excel labour.
Sage Intelligence Reporting offers a customisable pack which provides drill-down functionality.You can customise the standard set of reports and templates, and create new ones. It gives you flexibility with the combinations of financial data you choose to report on.
Sage Intelligence Reporting ships with Management Packs (Balance Sheet, Income Statement), Sales Master (Sales Reports), Inventory, Purchasing options, and more.
Get serious about getting paid with Debtors Manager software
Debtors Manager is a debtor management system suitable for any business in any industry seeking to optimise the debtor collection process. Debtors Manager debt collection software has been designed to instantly implement tracking and control in your debtors collection department. Unlike other products which tend to focus on the macro level, this is a hands-on practical system that automates the daily control of the debtors book.
Debtors Manager creates reports to monitor debt collection progress, staff performance and accurately forecasts cash flow
With ready to run debtors management reports for every outstanding invoice, you can determine why the amount is outstanding; when it will be paid; what has been done and what still needs to be done.
Get paid and improve your cash flow – with Debtors Manager, there are no more excuses!
With Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Currency you can process customer and supplier transactions in their currency. It allows you to track foreign currency, customer and supplier values in both the foreign and home currency. You can view balances and transactions in either currency at any time. You can maintain separate buy and sell rates for each currency. Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Currency maintains a history of exchange rates so that you can process transactions at earlier dates using the most accurate exchange rate. When you process customer receipts or supplier payments, Sage 200 Evolution uses the current exchange rate to calculate any foreign exchange profit or loss, which is automatically posted. In addition Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Currency allows you to:
- Process and print customer and supplier sales and purchase documents in foreign currency or home currency.
- Print customer and supplier statements, age analysis and transaction reports using foreign currency or home currency
- Process foreign currency cashbook transactions.
Fixed assets are physical items such as desks, computers, cars, and machinery which you acquire to run your business. Nigerian Company Law requires that you keep a register of your business’ fixed assets as part of its accounting records. However, business fixed asset management can be tedious and time-consuming. As you use assets, they depreciate or become obsolete. You can legally expense depreciation in your accounts for tax purposes. Sage fixed asset tracking software module takes care of all of this for you.
Managing your fixed assets includes the following tasks:
- Tracking each asset’s value, both from a tax and an accounting point of view
- Depreciating assets correctly using an appropriate depreciation rate and method
- Updating the replacement values of your fixed assets for insurance purposes
- Maintaining an accurate fixed assets register which records information such as: date of purchase; date of disposal; purchase price; accumulated depreciation and net book value
- The Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets software module automates all these processes for you
- Once you provide the initial information, the fixed asset management system takes over and manages your assets for you. One of the realities of fixed assets processing is that companies frequently change depreciation rules as legislation allows and as company policy changes. Some changes are retroactive to when you purchased the asset. Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets calculates its values dynamically from the start of each asset’s life, which makes retroactive changes simple. Imagine the time required to accurately programme all this yourself into a spreadsheet!
*Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets can be used in conjunction with the core Sage 200 Evolution Accounting system or can be purchased as a stand-alone product.
Streamline your inventory management and warehouse management with Sage 200 Evolution warehousing software
Set-up and use multiple stores or warehouses with the Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Warehousing module
Working with multiple stores is almost identical to working with normal inventory or stock. The only difference is that each time you want to access an inventory item, you must specify the store in which the item exists. Sage warehouse management software makes it easy to track and control inventory items.
Some of the features include:
- Ability to link users to one or more stores and prevent users from accessing items in other stores
- Creation of up to 999 stores with an unlimited number of inventory items per store
- The same inventory item code can exist in different stores and will share all item fields except quantities, cost prices, selling prices and reorder information
- Ability to copy selling prices from one store to another, per item per store
- Ability to transfer items between stores using a Store Transfer Journal
- Inventory reports will allow you to filter on stores
Track items from the moment of purchase to sale with Sage 200 Evolution Serial Number Tracking Module
Serial Number Tracking allows you to track items from the moment you purchase or manufacture them to the time you sell them. With this stock control software module, inventory management even extends to you being able to track the item for warranty purposes should it be returned to you for repairs.
Each item has its own unique serial number
With Sage 200 Evolution’s Inventory Control Software, Serial Number History allows one to view movement history for serial number items. With Serial Number Listing, the serial number per inventory item, along with its status can be viewed.
Use the Serial Number Tracking Module with other Add-On modules:
Multi-Stores and Bill of Materials. By using the Multi-Stores module, you can transfer serialised inventory items between stores. Use of the Bill of Materials module allows manufacture into serialised items.
Traditionally termed ‘CRM’ or “Contact Management”, Sage 200 Evolution CRM is core to the Sage 200 Evolution systems functionality. Sage 200 Evolution CRM has taken the concept of traditional Contact Management much further by weaving it into the very fibre of the Sage 200 Evolution accounting system, thus elevating accounting software to its next logical state allowing you to not only capture numbers, but also what we refer to as business activities. Activity data is integrated and presented together with the numbers providing a holistic view of your business instead of a numbers only view. This integration provides you with the ability to control not only your financial situation but your relationships with your customers, suppliers and employees. Any issue that takes place in a business, and is important enough to be tracked, is recorded as an Incident in Sage 200 Evolution CRM.
Sage 200 Evolution CRM will track all Incidents to their conclusion or until they are closed off. The Evolution system stores Incidents even after they have been closed, allowing you to track a history of events as they occurred, as far back as you wish.
There are two versions of Sage 200 Evolution CRM:
Sage 200 Evolution CRM Standard contains basic incident tracking. This module must be purchased in conjunction with the core Sage 200 Evolution accounting system.
Sage 200 Evolution CRM Premium contains more advanced features such as Sales Force Automation, Business Gateway, Calendar, Knowledge Base, Workflow processing, Incident Graphs, Escalations and Contract Invoicing and now also Microsoft Outlook Integration. This module can be purchased as a stand-alone product.